Friday 29 September 2023

Milverton, ON

 Milverton, ON

I had the pleasure of consulting with the local Optimist Club on this project. They were eager to get a skatepark on budget and on a quick timeline. CRC delivered a previously designed park to waive design cost.

That's when I inserted myself.  I reached out to the Optimist Club with my 'resume' of Skatepark Companies best & worst projects.

I was asked for my opinion on the design. I made some suggestions. The bank and QP were originally free floating with no decks.  I recommended adding decks on both as well as a flat ledge.

Construction began and soon after the grand opening I found myself near Milverton while visiting a friend so we checked it out.

I was pleasantly surprised.  While it isn't perfect, it does show an improvement in the crews concrete work.

Final Concept


Nice bank to Rail (16" high rail... this will make sense later)





This flat bank has a bit of a bow to it. Not much of an issue on this feature but when you're trying to pop off a bank, imperfections in the surface are a hinderance. 


Note* CRC built Strathroy and Sarnia last year(2022).

This was the 2nd project of 2023, following Innisfil.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment