Friday 11 November 2022

Strathroy All-wheels Park

Strathroy All-wheels Park

334 Metcalfe Street W, Strathroy

Going over budget at $900000 and taking SIX months to complete, the Strathroy All-wheels Park is now open to some less than stellar reviews by the locals I spoke with.


Don't get me wrong, I had fun but the park rated a solid A on my skatepark rating scale (The EGAD Scale - Excellent, Good, Acceptable, Despicable) so not too high. There were a elements from the concept that I wanted to try out; the bowl with its 3 features and the CRC Y rail & 'Old Skool' rail. 


The bowl didn't have any of the additional features

Additionally, none of the transition had any reveal on the coping.

The Y rail was a lot of fun but the 'Old Skool' Rail was in a different location.
Up on this bank

This made it harder to hit. The concrete work here is questionable, lumpy and sometimes rough/sometimes slick.  There was already a hitching post rail in the park so the reason for this being here must have to do with the brick bank. Oh yeah, the brick bank was changed to the no-ping QP.

The Coaster. It was fun but the concrete was already wearing out at the pinnacle.

Pumptrack. No Complaints. I find them pretty boring. Make some table tops!


The bank is steep and the ledge is short & narrow.


This looks like a repair job on a decade old park.
Level as a sidewalk
Who needs space for multiple riders?

With all these issues I still tore this park up. Would I go back? Probably not. Would I recommend avoiding the park? No. If you are considering using this company you should definitely compare this to other modern skateparks.   

You can do that HERE

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap. The render versus the finished product of the bowl specifically is so egregious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe my eyes after almost a 1000000 we as young punks funded the old one

    ReplyDelete