Saturday 12 October 2024

George Jowett Random Ramp

 George Jowett Random Ramp

or

How to find parks - Part 3

George Jowett Memorial Hall

13137 Riverside Dr, Morrisburg

A couple of years ago, Kurt of The Dirty Jags Tour said he's seen a ramp somewhere near Morrisburg, Ontario.  I got to lurking and the only thing I found was a random ramp in Ingleside.

In 2022, I checked out Ingleside on the way to Cornwall but these ramps were gone.

Fast Forward to 2024 and the April Eclipse. I get a message from another friend.

'Name that Skatepark' is my favourite game!
Well, I didn't recognize it.  I lurked my friend and her BF on FB and all their Eclipse photography had Morrisburg tagged. So I'm not much closer with this new info but it's eliminated Ingleside as the ramp is still present.

Working off this photo, I tried zooming in on the mural on the hall but you can only say 'enhance' so many times.


Then I tried something new.  I plugged the shot into a google image search and focused on the mural.  Despite the poor shot, Google matched to image and gave me the location.



Despite its age, I still got some. Probably an NBD!

George Jowett was an English-born Canadian Strongman. (1891-1969)






No comments:

Post a Comment