Sunday, 16 August 2020

Arnprior, ON

 Arnprior, ON

@ Nick Smith Centre. 77 James St.

UPDATE - It's Gone.  New Concrete park @ Nick Smith Centre. 

Click HERE

More updates at the bottom.

Where to start with this park?

It looks like your typical modular park but on closer inspection it appears to have been made by a local fabrication plant or high school metal shop. I don't know for sure but I doubt it was purchased from any of the usual suspects. EDIT - I have seen this type of ramps in Erieau.

This would have been a short stop except for this strange obstacle.

I call it 'The Lollipop'

With an 18" high, 4' lollipop and an arching 10' stick, I battled this for about 40mins. It's light enough for one person to move. I have so many questions and I kind of love the concept.

On to the rest of the park.

These quarters have little banks into the transition while the mini-ramps flat bottom is wavy.

Rippled surfaces.
I guess these are cool because you can skate 'em or sit 'em.
No run up stairs and hubbas with another rippled surface.




In October of 2026, I went to skate out the NEW PARK and checked out the old site.
The old park.  Save The Lollipop!


The Arnprior Pop-up Park. 
Yeah, I hopped the fence and rode it.
Park 665!

No comments:

Post a Comment