Friday 26 August 2022

Construction of the West Shore Skate Spot

 Construction of the West Shore Skate Spot

Construction started July 4, 2022.

The Park was opened for use on August 18, 2022.

Check out pictures of the finished park HERE

Find out what it took to get here - CLICK HERE

Day 1 Boys on site.

Moving Dirt

Moving Mounds

Integral Wall going in.

Pier 7 Ledge

My Pole Jam!


Bank to ledge going in


The West Shore Skate Spot contains some Easter Eggs.
This little bearings tin was filled with a few meaningful items.
Canada Skateboard Sticker.
My card - with Blood, Sweat, Tears & Beers
A piece of my ramp.
A tile from my old ramp.
A screw from the Newcastle Skatepark build.
An old bearing.
A button from my paramedic uniform.
A dirty quarter from the West Shore Clean-up this spring.
The UPC from Thrasher Magazine, September 2015. It was that month I first spoke to council in what led to the Skateboard Park Strategy and this project.

Wall's looking nice.

Bank going in.
'A' frame PJ

Easter Egg #2. Boots in the hubba!

Looking more like a skatepark.

Planted


It's a Ledge, not a bench.

Made my Mark

A Later Skaters Gang 'Better Late Than Never'  Beer Can went into the curved ledge.

Landscaping going in.

And suddenly, it was open.












No comments:

Post a Comment