Friday 18 November 2022

BGC Kawarthas Skatepark

BGC Kawarthas Skatepark

Lindsay, ON

107 Lindsay St N off George St W

The Boys & Girls Club got a sweet outdoor, public concrete skatepark. I had to get there on a midnight mission to skate it before the snow. Park 499! 

Update - Now that it's spring, I went back for daytime photos and a real sesh. I started with a pretty bad faceplant. I'll be ok but I seriously considered leaving. I managed to push through and get some clips.



Took a spill on this curb.  Great feature. 
Caution, Slam Warning.
Hall of Meat











November Night Shots

Here's the story of the Midnight Mission. Rain & Snow were in the forecast and Houve of Vans was coming up in Toronto. I wanted HoV to be park #500 so I needed a 499 first. I knew this park was complete but wasn't sure if it was open to the public. On a Monday shift (Paramedic, 10:30-22:30) I found some clips from the previous days on social media of people riding the park, no fences.  So here's the plan! Finish the shift in Brampton at 10:30pm, jump in the car and take the toll highway the hour thirty drive straight to Lindsay.
Well, being a Paramedic is interesting.  We get called out as backup for a guy hit by a car. We get there and he needs a Trauma Centre. The trauma centre is basically halfway on my commute home. I jump on the other truck to render care to the patient and take off to the trauma centre. We get there and offload. How am I going to get back to my station? The truck I jumped on is from a different station and their end of shift is approaching as well. Just then, my partner and truck pull in. I hop in and she gets me back to base with 3 mins to spare.  The rest went to plan.  






This bowl could have been a lot better. It's really simple and (IMO) the transfer QP should have been extended to the other side of the bowl as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment