Monday 21 December 2020

Goodbye & Good Riddance 2020

 Goodbye & Good Riddance 2020

2020, for the most part, was not the year a lot of people had planned on. My plans included road trips with the Dirty Jags and Skatosis guys. While I didn't make it to Wisconsin, I was able to meet up with Kurt of the Dirty Jags in Picton for a skate. On top of that, I hit 26 new Skateparks, including my 400th park. I got some advocacy done in Pickering and sent some useful info to Clarington which may have convinced them to go concrete instead of pre-fabricated (Check it out HERE). My map was picked up by Canada Skateboard (the Olympic Body, but now they aren't returning my e-mails so IDK). 

I was honoured to be a guest on The Goat Cave Podcast and later in the year, went out on a little road trip with Cam.



I hit my 400th Skatepark but it was not without some frustration with the city - Check it HERE



With some help from my buddy, Chris J. Brown, I made a Halloween video. I took on the look and tricks of one of my favourite skaters, The Featch, Mr Richie Jackson.

Lastly, one of the things that has kept me busy and sane was building skate obstacles for friends and myself. I had a second run of building this fall for the basement ramps, anticipating another lockdown.


I'm thankful to be back at work (Paramedic in a heavily Covid infected area) after the Clavicle fracture from last year. Thankful my family is safe and healthy, pissed at idiots who think this is a joke & my heart goes out to anyone who has lost someone and this is their first Christmas or holiday season without their loved one. 

Wear a mask. Get ready to roll up your sleeve. 
Spread Love, Not Germs.
Merry Christmas and Have a Happy NEW Year from The Loonies.
Emphasis on NEW!

No comments:

Post a Comment